Tuesday, July 20, 2010

new things

I really so very, very badly want to write in this, but I just can't get myself to do it! Mostly because I'm lazy, partly because I don't have anything interesting to write about and also because I don't think anyone ever, ever reads this. But does it matter? I should write for myself. For me!

Life in Seatac/Kent/Des Moines is a slightly lonely one. I miss hosting people at my apartment. Maybe I wouldn't miss them if I ever invited friends over. Once our new couch and chair comes it's so on.

I started my new job on July 6th. I am now the Marketing Coordinator at Emeritus. Emeritus specializes in senior living, which doesn't sound like the most exciting thing in the world, but I'm pretty jazzed about this new opportunity. So far I am doing a random collection of things. Today I worked on designing apartment floor plans all day (random? yes).

Our office is right next to the Olympic Sculpture Park on Elliott. The views from our 6th floor perch can't be beat. Blue waters as far as the eye can see. The company is pretty huge with a lot of employees, so I hope to meet new people. So far my face is nuzzled next to the glow of the computer screen all day without much interaction with others. Right now I'm cool with it since the last gig required me to ask for money by phone or in person many, many times a day.

I somewhat started a new hobby when I was unemployed. Cake/ cupcake baking and decorating. I had so much time to dedicate to it when I had nothing but empty day hours. I did make a new recipe and brought the results to work yesterday. I was horrified that all 24 cupcakes were eaten and only a few people even said thank you. If you eat a handcrafted cupcake provided to you without prompting, why would you not go out of your way to thank the baker?? Horrible

Here are some of the things I've made so far:

In celebration of Dani getting married

In honor of True Blood

July 4th

For KPLU employees

Balinese themed cupcakes in honor of Melissa's departure to Bali

I clearly need more reasons to make cupcakes/ cakes. I have a baby shower to bake for soon, but other than that someone is going to have to give me an excuse to craft something. 

Okay more later. Bed time!


3 comments:

Sarah B @ Life. Love. Sincerely. said...

I read, I read!! Write for ME! ;)

I LOVE all your cakes! Those Balinese ones are amazing, Liz! Not that I should be surprised. You've got talent, chica.

Annnd CONGRATS on the new job! I am so happy that you are liking it and are happy there. <3

Annaliese said...

Cake decorating is addicting, isn't it? Have you taken any of the Wilton classes? I love the cupcakes on top especially. Indeed, you must find more opportunities to make cute cakes.

stephchach said...

Nice work lady! And, glad you fiiinally updated your blog, geeeeeez. I want more cuppiecakes, stat!