Monday, March 17, 2008

nikki reminded me i wanted to write this...

not a whole lot is happening. well i guess some things

i'm in syracuse, ny today. every week i just get flung back to the east coast. every week! i was on the east coast last week, but i got to be with my favorite instructor, miss linda, for a second time. lucky me! the woman is sooooo hilarious. love her.

this weekend i finally got to go back to washington. man, does it feel good to sit around all day. last weekend i went to nashville, tn for a group stayover. that was ok. i was disappointed we didn't really do anything. we went to bars and that was all. no country music hall of fame or opry. boo.

the week before nashville i had some medical things i needed to take care of and it was just an overall horrible week. that week made me want to be off the road for good more than i could handle sometimes. ahhhhhh!

i barely made it on my flight from phili to seattle on friday because it was oversold. i saw a "famous" person on my flight. the only reason i care enough to share this encounter with you is because i noticed him in a peculiar way. i only had two magazines to entertain me for a 6-hour plane ride, so naturally i read almost every word on every page. in my People mag i read an article about American Idol alum Blake Lewis and the assortment of tattoos he has. (article photo below)
later, as i drank my OJ and tried to sit through a second viewing of Million Dollar Baby***, i noticed a familiar tattoo on the wrist of the person in front of me. i sat poised with my People mag waiting for the gentleman to eat his pretzels, so i could match the tattoo to the article i read. through cherry blossom branch tattoo matching, i deduced that blake lewis sat in the row in front of me. weird coincidence!

p.s. lewis apparently is still waiting for super stardom b/c he was sitting in a middle coach seat. i don't even sit in middle coach seats.

did i tell you justin got an internship with the seattle times? i think i did. well, now the poor boy is trying to move himself down to seattle. he has one place near the airport that is a good possibility so far. i'll be so glad to live somewhat closer to seattle!

oh, i also am in serious need of a job. J-O-B. as of may 22 i will be jobless and that frightens me. eeeep! i don't even remember how to construct a cover letter.

*** is Million Dollar Baby not the most depressing movie ever made? hilary swank's characters always get royally messed up

3 comments:

Kathie Mc said...

Let me be the first to comment on your newest entry. You've always been a great writer & I truly enjoy reading about all your travels & adventures! It's hard to beleive how grown up and worldly you have become. I also love the pictures you share, that dirty old man was right, you are beautiful. Keep watching Cold Case & be safe.

Jill said...

don't you know that this is exactly what i have against tattoos? when i become uber-famous, i will value my privacy so much that i will be thankful to not have imprinted identifying marks on my body. thank you for proving my point.

Nikki.O said...

I'll keep my eyes open for jobs!