Thursday, October 18, 2007

Ouch

Here is part 2 of my first week on the job.
So, you heard about New Orleans...

Houston was uneventful
Austin was uneventful. BUT We got to drive from Austin to Houston so it was cool to see the state a bit. We also went out for Thai food and had the most awkward waiter...ever.

Last night and today I was in Phoenix. I actually got to hang out with people! Justin's good pals, Steph and Will, took me to a Mexican restaurant. It was so great to meet them. I don't think I've ever had to try so little to impress someone, though. Justin must have made me sound remarkable. Haha. I look forward to seeing them again!

Oh, I should also mention that I locked my keys in my rental car whilst in Austin. But really if you know me you are probably thinking, "Haha. When isn't Liz doing stuff like that?" It's true...I'm incurably scatter-brained.

Speaking of which...today I left my phone in an Arizona cab. As I turned about in helpless circles in the airport upon realization, I figured I'd never see my shiny red phone again. I decided to call my phone just to see if anyone would pick up. John, the best cab driver in the entire world, answered. He agreed to ship my phone overnight!! I <3 him.

Now, I write this from a hotel in El Paso. I attempted to walk around historic downtown b/c it is beautiful (not hot) evening. Alas, a homeless man who yelled I was "wicked" and other shady characters eventually made me venture back to my hotel.

I'm so close to the Mexican border!! I just want a take a flying leap across!

Leave comments!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so great to hear that you met steph and will!! i love them!!! steph and I dressed as hookers when i was 15 and got completely shitfaced. she's the best!!!
It sounds like you are having a weird adventure!

Justin Steyer said...

I didn't have to tell them anything ... you are just that awesome!

Erin said...

This is fun that you are keeping a journal! :) I'm sure you'll have lots of stories.

Jill said...

when you say, "we" ... i'm confused. obviously you don't mean, "me and jill" so who is this "we" ... ?