- Live a healthier lifestyle - My trackable goal is to lose weight, but I also just want to maintain a fitness plan and eat better on a daily basis. Weight loss goal = 45 pounds
- Friendships - 2010 has not been my year in the friend category. I feel like I am losing touch with those closest to me and one or two friendships were outright severed this year. Those that were severed were overall a good idea and will make both parties happier, but it still makes me think about the way I maintain my friendships. I end up asking those questions about how I treat people that I really can't answer. Alot of my closest friends I don't see as often as I would like anymore, which makes me think we probably just aren't that close anymore, which then makes me sad. : (
- Career - I have no real qualms with the job I have now, but I still feel like I need to figure out what I want to do with myself for the long haul. I've decided I want to get my Master's, so I hope this will lead me to a path I can really embrace and excel in.
- Do more with my free time - I think seeing the blogs of all my crafty friends (Jill, Sarah, Sara) makes me realize I don't do enough with the free time I have. The main reason for this is I have very few hobbies. I don't read or sew or craft or do photography. I'd really love to learn something new or get involved with a new organization in 2011.
- Make marriage exciting - There is a great sense of comfort that comes with marrying the person you knew you were supposed to and settling into a relaxed routine. However, Justin and I are often toooo relaxed. The fact that we both don't have any hobbies we are extremely dedicated to means we often don't know what to do with ourselves. When I'm not hanging out with my friends I feel like I am too okay with just sitting around watching television. Justin is too okay with it also - I want us to do more exploring and more exciting challenging things as a couple.
- Learn all there is to know about home ownership - For some terrible reason we signed a two year lease for our current apartment because we couldn't fathom moving again after a year. I miss living in the city every single day, but I also think about buying a house. I kind of refuse to live in yet another apartment after this one, but am also pretty terrified by the idea of buying a house in King County. I need to learn more about the process, so I am comfortable and knowledgeable.
- Be happy - Not that I'm not now, but this should be a goal for every day in every year
Monday, December 13, 2010
Changes in the New Year
I know that 2011 is still several weeks away, but I was recently thinking about my new year's resolutions. I have many goals for the new year, so I'll share them.
Posted by Liz at 12:08 AM